- Following this year’s hugely successful UK No. 1 album ‘As The Love Continues’, entering the US Billboard Chart at No. 9, Mogwai went on to be nominated for this year’s Mercury Music Prize. Now they reissue their 90’s EPs on vinyl for the first time in over 20 years through Chemikal Underground.
- Each EP was originally released in limited numbers between 1997 and 1999 and quickly sold out. Although packaged as the CD and download compilation album EP+6, this is the first time 4 Satin, No Education = No Future (Fuck the Curfew) and E.P. have been available on vinyl since the initial pressings.
- A beautiful triple vinyl reissue of the 3 EPs originally released in the 1990s, presented in their original artwork inside a 7mm wide spine outer sleeve.
- 4 Satin: Curacao vinyl. Originally released 1997.
- No Education = No Future: Clear vinyl. Originally released 1998.
- EP: Sun Yellow vinyl. Originally released 1999.
- “I’m incredibly proud of these EPs,” says guitarist and singer Stuart Braithwaite. “I think they’re interesting as we were experimenting with so many things back then. A lot of what we tried out on those records are things that went on to define us.”
- A long time in the pipeline, Mogwai: e.p. x 3 is both an illuminating document for fans who came to the group in more recent years and an essential purchase for collectors of the group’s music on vinyl.