• A NEWLY REMASTERED STRICTLY LIMITED EDITION 180 GRAM VINYL LP EDITION OF THE LEGENDARY 1976 SOLO ALBUM BY YES VOCALIST JON ANDERSON
• NEWLY REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES & CUT AT ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS
• WITH FULLY RESTORED GATEFOLD & INNER BAG ARTWORK
• COVERAGE ON ALL SPECIALIST RADIO
• REVIEWS IN “CLASSIC ROCK”, “UNCUT”, “MOJO”, “RECORD COLLECTOR” & “PROG” MAGAZINES & ALL SPECIALIST PRESS
• COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
Esoteric Recordings is proud to announce the Record Store Day 2021 release of a strictly limited edition newly re-mastered 180 gram vinyl LP edition of the classic debut solo album by YES vocalist JON ANDERSON, Olias of Sunhillow. Released in July 1976, the album was a conceptual work recounting the story of an alien race on a journey to find a new world following volcanic destruction on their home planet. All music on the album was written and performed by Jon Anderson and the recording took place at Anderson’s Buckinghamshire home studio whilst Yes were on hiatus following the tour to promote the album Relayer.
Initially recorded on an 8-track tape machine, the arrangements were then re-recorded on to a 24-track tape machine. The album saw Jon perform the music entirely alone, teaching himself to play keyboards and acknowledging the influence of suche legendary musicians as Rick Wakeman, Patrick Moraz and Vangelis on his work. Indeed, it was even rumoured Vangelis performed on the album, something the maestro would deny in interviews.
Olias of Sunhillow was released by Atlantic Records in the summer of 1976 in an elaborate gatefold sleeve designed by David Fairbrother-Roe and was a top ten album in the UK. This Esoteric Recordings edition has been newly re-mastered from the original album master tapes and was cut at Abbey Road studios. The limited edition LP release fully restores the stunning original gatefold sleeve and inner bag artwork.